OUT OF HOURS EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS:
BIGGAR 01899 220046
PEEBLES 01721 721293
Legend has it that the practice was originally established by a Mr McQuatt in around 1905 and run from ’Nithsdale’, a premises at 25 Station Road in Biggar. He was succeeded by Wallace W. Peggie in the 1920’s, who was then joined by Duncan Robertson in the 1930’s and Robin McCrone in the 1950’s. Nithsdale continued to be the home of the vets, with the business being run from a room at the back door until 1971, at which point the practice was moved to a cramped garage adjacent to the building.
John Armstrong and Donald MacDougal joined ARMAC in the early 1970’s and the practice moved to 4 Station Road in Bigger in 1974. A second branch was established at 1 Montgomery Place in Peebles in 1978. Graeme Rodger joined in the mid 1980’s and is now the senior director of the business.
Our aim is to provide quality, expert advice and service for a reasonable price.